An employee of Weller Scaffolding Limited suffered three fractures to his face, breaks in his left arm and wrist and dislocated fingers when he fell through a roof light.
Weymouth Magistrates’ Court heard how the company had been contracted to erect scaffolding and handrails around the roof of a small industrial unit at East Road, Bridport.
The employee had accessed the roof, which was made up of intermittent roof lights and asbestos cement. He fell through one of the roof lights.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive found the incident occurred due to the work not being properly planned or appropriately supervised, which led to it being unsafe.
The company pleaded guilty to breaching Regulation 4 (1) of the Work at Height Regulations 2005 and was fined £10,000 with £5,628 costs.